This is intriguing: Australian Craig Wright has been exposed as the man (or one of the men) behind Bitcoin. Maybe. Or not. Immediately his Sidney home (that he seems to have moved out of) and office was raided by Australian police. The only comment from the authorities is that this has nothing to do with his alleged Bitcoin connection.
• Reported bitcoin ‘founder’ Craig Wright’s home raided by Australian police »
• Bitcoin’s Creator Satoshi Nakamoto Is Probably This Unknown Australian Genius »
• This Australian Says He and His Dead Friend Invented Bitcoin »
• Bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto probably Australian entrepreneur, reports claim »
• Who is Craig Wright and how likely is it that he’s behind bitcoin? »
This is like something out of a John Grisham thriller.
But what are the implications for Bitcoin? Probably none. It is a decentralized system that no one should be able to control or tamper with.
However, even a remote possibility that someone has some sort of “golden key” is enough to get the full attention of various governments. No doubt, Bitcoin threatens their control.